The Solution Of Limited Space At Warehouse
How to get a solution when you have a limited area or space at the warehouse? See the information and explanation in the article below.
The world of Supply Chain is a field of work filled with the dynamics and challenges that are ever-changing over time. These challenges can come from internal companies and outside the company. With the ever-changing challenges that anyone responsible for in this field should also always learn new things to adjust. Also, it is necessary to create and discover new ideas so that the handling of supply chain management is getting better and more efficient.
Warehouse Management management is one part of supply chain activities. If they're used to be that the larger the warehouse of a factory, then the factory is advanced and bonafide. But with the development era and technology, such assumptions are not relevant anymore. Quite the contrary, many large companies, and factories narrowed down the area of their warehouse when the company's business is growing and moving forward. Why so?
Here I will share a bit of my experience managing warehousing management. This experience I pour here to be a motivation and also a reference for you as a Manager, head of a warehouse, Supervisor Warehouse, head of a warehouse and also warehouse Operator.
I said that the tendency of companies and big factories now precisely narrowed the area of their warehouse in the middle of the company's growing business. This step is taken based on a phrase that "no big and wide warehouse if the management is bad will not bring benefits ". What happens exactly the opposite, the wider your warehouse then that happens is waste, both waste time and cost. Why? Because with a large area, you need to supervise and keep the condition of the goods well maintained by always check the physical. And this is one of the most happening wastes of time in the warehouse.
Many benefit or benefit from the extensive restriction of the warehouse area, including:
1. Effectiveness Of Working Time
With an area that is not so wide, the movement or movement of warehouse employees becomes more effective because reaching an item in need does not require much time. The wider the warehouse area, the more time wasted to make the material move.
2. Cost Efficiency
With the vast warehouse area that is not so large and it does not require a lot of employees, especially warehouse operators. With fewer employees, automatically the cost to be spent by the company is also less and this is an example of cost efficiency in the warehouse.
3. Accuracy Of Data Stock Well Maintained
With a smaller area and the amount of material that is well arranged and not too much, it will make it easier for warehouse operators to do updates of stock cards with actual physical goods. It is certainly harder to do if the area is spacious and the storage of the goods is in some separate places.
Then arise questions with the wide warehouse that is limited or in the lower, how to make material storage in the warehouse remains effective, smooth and does not interfere with the supply to the production line?
To answer the question, then below I will share some ways that you can do to get around the warehouse area that is not so broad so that the effectiveness of warehouses remain awake and supply to the production line remains smooth, among others:
1. Create a monitoring system based on data stock in comparison to the production needs. This system should also be integrated with planning production that has been compiled by PPIC so that you know when the item will be needed and when it should be brought.
2. Ask for purchasing for certain items that are big physical such as carton boxes or crates, for example, to be presented based on info from you as the head of a warehouse. When are the time and what amount? Go as needed so that the goods are directly used by the production. If there is the rest of the quantity is much and can be stored in the warehouse for a while.
3. For smaller items you can also set the arrival, for example, divide it into two or three times. This means that there is a portion of the beginning of the month when production will begin to run for the needs of the next half month and the rest of you get two or three days before the middle of the month.
4. You can create a racking system for certain types of materials. For example, bolt material, nut, ring, packing, etc. can be stacked up with small shelves. You can also arrange them into several container boxes that you can stack up.
5. Do grouping material based on its type, big little item, or other.
6. Perform material placement carefully, taking into account the movement of goods. For fast-moving, items placed at the bottom of the shelf and in the most easily reached position. So on until the slow-moving material is placed in the upper part (shelf).
7. Place the stationary material in a separate location so as not to interfere with the movement of other materials.
In addition to the above, you can also do creativity and other ideas that are effective according to your company's manufacturing or business.
That is an article about The Solution Of Limited Space At Warehouse, so the operation of the warehouse remains effective and smooth.
Hopefully, this article will be useful to you.