An Overview About Cold Storage
An Overview About Cold Storage - Cold storage is a warehousing room specially designed using certain room temperature conditions and used to store a wide range of products especially for products that are quickly broken (perishable) to maintain its freshness.
- Chilled Room
- freezer room
- Blast Freezer
- blast chiller.
- The chilled room and freezer room are usually used to store products according to certain temperature conditions.
- Blast freezer and blast chiller are used for product storage under certain temperature conditions but with a fast time for cooling.
- Chilled rooms have low-temperature conditions between 1 degree Celsius – 7 degrees Celsius. Chilled rooms are used to store fresh ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, and other foods things that can only last two months (60 days).
- Clean & Calibrate. Cooling Machine in the warehouse must be ensured always clean and in strict maintenance control
- Know the Hot and Cold Area. If in a warehouse area there are several different locations temperature, then it must be ensured the product is placed according to its temperature needs
- Pre-Cooling is required for some products before entering the cold storage
- Ensure that air pollution and pest disturbances do not occur in cold storage
- Perform rigorous product inspection in the receiving process